Saturday, March 19, 2016

White Corn and Soil Health Presentation

Our first gathering as Project Farmers. It was an awesome event and the food was good!

There was a huge group of people that showed up.  I was surprised. I thought maybe 12 or so people would be there but there had to be at least 30!

People arriving , signing in,  and visiting.


All three walls and tables were filled!


Valerire Dantoin, a Sustainable Food & Ag Instructor at NWTC, came and did the presentation on her own time. So thankful for her and sharing her knowledge with us. 

One of the biggest things I learned was fish emulsion and fish meal are some of the highest ways to get nitrogen in the soil while still staying organic. There are other cheaper ways, but not organic, but are they really cheaper if you think about it... 
Also that she spends mother's day putting compost on her fields. So good to remember and easy to remember that way!
I think also she explained GMOs better than any other way I ever heard it. I video recorded her presentation and will be uploading it on YouTube.  I'll share the link after it has been edited.


No comments:

Post a Comment